Thursday, August 14, 2014

OCC Day 10




In today's class we are stretching are stamps more than before. I was really inspired by Laurie Willison's card. I used a floral stamp set that I have and stamped on the back side of glossy paper. I really like using glossy paper this way because it is a little thicker for the thin die cuts. I then stamped the images to card stalk trying to get a tone on tone effect for the paper. I then stamped my sentiment with pigment ink and while I was popping up my flowers, I smeared it with my hand. LOL I thought what a mess, Normally I would have started all over but I am here to learn and I was going to try and fix my mistake so I wiped it off as best I could and stamped it again. This time hitting it with the heat gun. Then I had a shadow effect on the word you and thought what can I do to fix this, then bingo a humming bird flew to my window and there was my idea.  I had lots of fun trying to piece up the die cut flowers and leaves.
I especially like how using the leaf stamp and using flower die cut and leaves gives the appearance of a flower but it is really the leaf stamp. I am very happy with the end result and really glad I stuck to it. Hope you enJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment