Sunday, January 11, 2015

julie envy

Hello all, I saw this card a while ago that julie ebersole created and I just fell in love with the technique and the look http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/page/3/  you'll have to scroll down to October 6th to see the card she made. Here is my spin on it. I used the technique she did, but created some cards for a friend of mine for her birthday. She was saying that she didn't have time to make a card for her friend's birthday so I made her some!




I used Splash INK. It is a really fun product. I got it at a trade show a while ago and when I saw Julie's post  I knew I wanted to try it with splash ink. Here is the link if your interested http://www.yasutomo.com I have had in my stash for a while and thought I would give it a go. It comes with 4 colors Magenta, Yellow, Blue and black. It gives you color recipes. You squeeze drops onto a palette or mixing cup and make all kinds of colors. Well when I saw Julie's technique of using a baby wipe to create a palette, that is what I did. I had so much fun because each time you press your stamp into the ink it creates a new color palette because it is mixing with the water and each other. And they never become muddy! Which is what I love about it.





I then used her technique of cutting out a slice of the card, layering and popping up a section to make it stand out. And that is where I stamped the sentiment.





Then I made a cute little box to put them in, tied them up with  a ribbon which I did not get a picture of. Darn it. :( but it was a pretty yellow ribbon from flowers that my husband had sent me. I love it when I can reuse things and everything comes out hunky dory.

I would like to link up my card at http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca  and http://casology.blogspot.com 

                                                          Well I hope you enJOY!

10 comments:

  1. These are fantastic. I love how you used your watercolors. I am inspired to try this, as I bought those water colors, and then promptly forgot about them. The effect is really stunning. Thanks so much for linking up at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joyce. They are really fun to play with, just use a baby wipe as your pallet and they just blend and blend and blend. It was a fun challenge!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love the depth you achieved with the colours and how, despite a potentially messy technique, the cards are all still lovely and clean! So glad you joined us a CASology this week. I think I'll be CASing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ardyth. I was pleasantly surprised by these colors. I have tried them as they were intended but didn't like the results until I used the baby wipe. so much fun. Thanks for picking me!!!!!

      Delete
  3. WOW, what a gorgeous set of cards AND gift box to put them in! I must try these techniques, I am so inspired by your lovely cards! Thanks so mich for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy for your kind comments. I had a lot of fun and the look on her face when she opened them was a blast. Then I saw she had given my friend one of the cards or her birthday.. I was like hey I made that card! LOL

      Delete
  4. Lovely effect with this technique! I love how you paired it with the yellow, shows your design off so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much.. I just love yellow don't you? Reminds me of a beautiful sunny day!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! I need to check out this technique. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete