Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Card Chain Challenge

I am doing something new this post. I joined CCC which stands for CARD CHAIN CHALLENGE 


I used the June SSS (simon says stamp) card kit. It is full of fun little goodies like the puffy sunglasses and a die to create that beautiful smile. 


I also made a and decorated the envelope
You see this little CCC is a little  different than anything I have done before it is kinda like pen pals You sign up and send a handmade card to person who signed up before and you receive one from the person who signed up after you. You have lots of options to guide you through the card making process I chose to use this sketch and flip it sideways or one quarter turn is the technical way of putting things


anyway I made a flag out of some of the paper that came in the kit then traced it on some masking paper and cut it out a little larger. I laid my mask down and pick some ink that would highlight some of the colors in the paper. I then glued my flag down and got to die cutting and stamping


I die cut the smile and circle out of glitter paper from DCWV and placed my other stamps to make a sentiment I just love that BE HAPPY but smile and BE HAPPY is even better :) 
I took the puffy sticker sunglasses and placed it right under the smile 


The envelope is stamped to coordinate and that cute little pair of sunglasses comes in the stamp set 


Here is a close up 


And the beautiful card I got from Becca Crugar
and a link to her wonderful blog http://www.damselofdistressedcards.blogspot.com


she included some goodies.. what a nice surprise that was.


Isn't it gorgeous... LOVE IT!!! A little bit edgy, a little bit soft... and since we are in a drought here in California... perfect saying.

If you are interested in joining the Card Chain Challenge here is a link to the wonderful place you can find all the information




I hope you enjoyed

1 comment:

  1. I love this card and am so pleased to have it sitting on my book case! Congrats on being our GDT over at Naughty Or Nice - its great to have you with us, Jo x

    ReplyDelete