Saturday, July 4, 2015

Christmas in July

Hello, I hope your day is amazing. We are celebrating 4th of July here in the states. It is our day for Independence. To celebrate fireworks galore graze our nighttime skies this time of year. So I made a little card for the Christmas Challenge for Happy little stampers and I glazed my tree with snow. This is the card I made   I hope it inspires you to join in the CHALLENGE.


I created a mask from Inkadinado masking paper by sketching a tree ( I don't know about you but just like my hearts they are never symetrical ) so I just cut it in half and placed in on a piece of kraft card stock all the way to the edge. I then took  hero arts white pigment ink and used my ink blending tool and wiped it over the mask to create an outline. 


I then took some round circles and created some snow balls and placed them randomly around the card. I die cut Merry Christmas (simon says stamps) out of DCWV glitter paper. I love using this paper it is gorgeous in real life and no glitter mess... which means my hubby really appreciates it staying on my card and not all over my face :)


I also made a tag to go with and tied it to a brown paper gift sack and a little envelope for my card. Starting Christmas cards in July is a great idea don't you think? 
So go create something and enter the challenge! You will be done with your Christmas Cards in no time and that leaves more time to enjoy the season and shop!
Just click on the Christmas Challenge



I hope you enJOYed




11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and tag LesLee! I love to use kraft bags for my Christmas gifts too, and this look awesome with the matching tag and card. Very clever design with your hand-drawn tree mask and sponging. So happy to be working with you on the team. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love how you have created the mask. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most unusual, and most lovely look for this wonderful tree. Love the way you've used the kraft, white circles and the stenciling shape of that tree. And you have a matching tag too! Looking forward to getting to know you on the HLS Christmas challenge, and enjoy some more of your marvelous & creative work. Just became your newest follower. TFS - Happy 4th of July too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this coordinating card and tag! The kraft is just perfect! Welcome to the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card and gift tag Leslee and I love the contemporary white on kraft look - such a creative one a of kind project! I'm so pleased to be working with you.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your inverted tree, LesLee! Very original and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your design Leslee, the masking works wonderfully with the kraft card. Looking forward to working with you. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Leslee,
    unusual way of seeing the trees! In fact, if to reverse card, the Christmas tree still there will be :-) I love the combination of craft paper and white ink. It always looks beautiful!
    I also can not wait to continue the fun.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to be on the Design Team together, Leslee. Love your card, especially the Kraft and white comination, and the partial tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Tag & Bag - I didn't expect that! :) Great negative image design Leslee. I'm excited to be designing alongside you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhh clever girl- I almost missed the tree!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete